Saturday, January 24, 2015

Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Men

The lovers holiday is slowly creeping and I feel as though I am standing in a vegan store looking for Steak'Ums. I'm so lost.

Even with prodding (gentle and down to the point), Ian hasn't helped me at all with gift ideas. Looking through my favorite online shop venue ETSY, I was able to find a few cool ideas for him.



The very first "manly" gift I have ever gotten for him was hand salve from The Becksters Lab. Ian works on cars every day and is constantly washing them so he really has sand paper hands. These salves not only helped tame his shredders, but began to heal them from dryness and redness. His favorite scent is peppermint lavender. Other scents include mojito, orange spics, lemon, and unscented.

Photo by TheBecksterLab on Etsy.com

Speaking of skin care, another favorite that I have yet to buy is this papaya scented soap set from NearlyNakedProducts.The set includes soap, body scrub, and a clay mask for your face. Added bonus: You can share! If he doesn't want to, get this or another great item from Nearly Naked Products for yourself!

My favorites that I've seen include pine tar soap, coconut oil soap, and papaya soap. I've used these products at one point or another in my life and they all work wonders. The first is the pine tar soap. It works great for itchy skin, and any pregnant woman knows what I am talking about! About seven months into my pregnancy, my belly felt itchier than it would if I rolled around poison ivy completely naked. Pine tar soap has helped with the itch and left a great scent on my skin afterwards.

Growing up, my mom always rubbed coconut oil on her skin and hair. Still being a little fledgling, I couldn't understand why she couldn't just use lotion. "This is better" was always her response, and now I know why. Coconut oil is a natural hair and skin moisturizer, and it smells AMAZING. And lastly, papaya soap was also a part of my childhood. My mom (who apparently knows so much about natural skincare!) used it to wash her face. She always said it makes her skin pretty...and it sure does! Papaya helps with age spots, lighten your skin, and provide a softer appearance.

They have other handcrafted soaps, lip balms, and oils for nearly everything! Each item is hand crafted and designed to aid with certain skin conditions.

Photo by NearlyNakedProducts on Etsy.com

If your hubby-lubs is into home decoration (yes, there are some out there), I found this super romantic sign that he can use on his book shelf, next to his bed, or hung at work. Romantic Sign  It is from the shop JohnWGolden.

Photo by JohnWGolden on Etsy.com

John's shop has many fun and romantic signs, but this is one of my favorites. He has some hilarious signs under the category "Order of Management." These signs are great for bathrooms, kitchens, children's rooms, and living spaces. Remind the kiddos to wash their hands, play outside, and brush your teeth. This also goes for the adults! Haha!

Take a peek and find something for your home this Valentine's Day or any day.


If your guy is constantly losing his keys or just doesn't have a place to put them, take a look at this key holder from BoWinston. BoWinston has quite the collection of nostalgic key holders including Pulp Fiction and beautiful women. Bo also has an amazing Kurt Vonnegut key holder.

Bo doesn't stop there. She also has vintage items, unique prints, and funny mugs.

Photo by BoWinston on Etsy.com

Ian is an avid tea drinker - must be in in the blood...he is British after all :) I found this adorable spoon for him from JessicaNDesigns. He's not into tea? Good. I'm a coffee drinker myself :D Check out these coffee related items. Jessica also creates personalized hand stamped jewelry and key chains in her shop. She also has a Valentine's Day category to help with your search!

Photo by JessicaNDesigns on Etsy.com

Not into any morning beverage? We know beer is always an option. Check out this personalized beer mug by Melshera


If wallets/bags are...well, his bag, take a look at these wallets  from TiposCreations. Having originally crafted gorgeous jewelry designs, Tim has branched out into personalizing gifts for men and women as well. Using genuine leather for his products, Tim creates engraved and embossed items in his shop. I have a few of his wallets and jewelry items in my own Favorite list on Etsy.

Photo taken by TiposCreations on Etsy.com
There are some men who like accessorizing as much as women do. Check out some of these bracelets from my shop at Julemi Jewelry. All bracelets are made with premium beads, gemstones, and rare Hawaiian shells.
Photo by Julemi Jewelry on Etsy.com

If I've completely missed the mark of what your guy may be into, there is always a nice home cooked meal and some "adult" time for the night :D

Well, it can also be a Whopper from Burger King

No comments:

Post a Comment